Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Ogooglebar

Who knew there is a Swedish Language Council?  Not me.  But there is and like our own dictionary words get added each year.  Who selects our words?  Is there an English Language Council?  I don't know.  I don't remember having a vote on the new words for our dictionary so i guess somebody somewhere picks the words.

Anyway, I digress.  Let's get back to the Swedes, they added a new word to their language and that word is ogooglebar which means ungoogleable.

Seems google did not like this and had those tall people remove ogooglebar from their word list.  How much power does google have anyway?  And who at google even speaks Swedish?

They can take pictures anywhere in the world.

They can make cars that drive themselves.

They are gods for petes sake and they don't like a word so now an entire country can't use it.

I am going to use it just to piss them off.  What are they going to do?  Take me off google maps?  Take my house off of google street view?  Not let me use chrome?

Well, go ahead google.  Maybe I'll just go back Explorer and use Bing.

Ah who am I kidding, I promise I will never use ogooglebar again.


No comments: