Tuesday, January 10, 2012

So long, for now


I visited my friend Linda last night, it turned out to be the last time I would see her on this plane. Linda lost her struggle with Lung cancer this afternoon.

I tend to think that as you get older and you lose more people in your life, that it gets easier.

Well, it does not.

While I accept the fact that we all will die and I don't think that is a bad thing I just don't like losing people I care for.

I told Chief Matron Mare-Son not to cry, Linda was and is loved and she had a life.

I picked this picture because it reminds me of her story of travelling to Tibet. I imagine her as a gypsy wondering the world, little bells on her ankles and wrists and braided into her hair.

This is the picture I will carry with me until we meet again.



No comments: