Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Sick on a plane

I have always been a good traveller, I don't get sick on planes. That is until this trip. I am sitting here typing with a lovely sore on my upper lip from blowing my nose so much. It hurts! Let me just say, I would not have wanted to be sitting next to me or my girlfriend on the plane coming home from Paris. We must have gone thru a box of tissue each! I should have realized that it was going to be a lousy trip when I got on the plane and my seat was held together with duct tape! Not kidding, blue duct tape in fact. So, they moved us to my most unfavorite seats on the entire plane. The first row in economy! Yuck! Hate them. No place to put my feet because I can't put my carry on bag under the seat in front of me, then you can't watch the movie cause the screen is so close it gives me a headache and then to add insult to injury you get to watch the people in business class sleep in those great seats. Gotta get me some miles so we can upgrade next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ellen had a recent show on an airplane (literally) complete with a woman to show you how to avoid catching illnesses on a plane. She swabbed the inside of her nostrils with Polysporin on a Q-tip. You can also purchase a personal air filter that screws into the little air "thingy" that blows down on you. If those fail, I suppose you could always wear a mask. :)