Thursday, October 8, 2009

Meeting a story teller

Last night my beloved, my friend Cowgirl and I went down to Mountain View to go to a book signing of our favorite author. Diana Gabaldon the author of the Outlander series was in town to talk a little and sign her new book. If you are not familiar with the Outlander series, it is the story of a young woman named Claire who is a nurse in 1945, she and her husband have been apart for most of the last 8 years due to WWII. They go to Scotland on a second honeymoon to get to know each other again and so that the husband can do a little historical research on his family. Claire goes exploring one day and walks thru a broken stone in a circle of stones and comes out the other side, still in Scotland, but in 1743.

"Why is it always about 200 years?"

If you enjoy historical fiction, get a crane and pick up the first book. You won't be sorry.

Anyway, Ms. Galbaldon spoke about the way she came to write these books (kilts played a big part) and how she writes. She is funny, smart and a great story teller.

I have turned quite a few people onto this series, but as much as I might love you, don't ask to borrow my books. Get your own.

4 comments:

D.D. said...

Who's cowgirl?

Anonymous said...

It's nice to have you back blogging. You were missed.

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I acquiesce in but I about the brief should acquire more info then it has.