Thursday, October 6, 2011

iMourn

I knew Steve Jobs. Well, kind of. We have never met, but I know he had heard my name.

A long time ago in a land far away – ok the early 90's in San Francisco and I worked for a big law firm. One of our partners left the firm to go work for Mr. Jobs as in house council at Next. You remember Next, right? Yeah, didn't think so.

Anyway he was gone for about a year when he came back to the corporate fold for whatever reasons. He did bring with him a big black box that he wanted us to make work on our brand new windows network – yeah, didn't happen.

Anytime he (the lawyer) had a computer question, he would ask me and I would answer. A little time would go by and the next time I saw him (the lawyer) he would say something like – hey I ran your answer past Steve and he says....

Sometimes he agreed with me, sometimes he did not.

I finally got to the point where I said to him (the attorney) you know what, why don't you just call up Mr. Jobs first and ask you questions and leave me out of it since you don't seem to believe anything I tell you.

And that is my one degree of separation from the man, the myth the legend.

Rest in peace, Mr. Jobs.

No comments: