Friday, August 8, 2014

Martha

It has been five years since Martha left this world.  Martha was the younger sister of my oldest friend.  By default she was also my friend.  She was always there.  I remember her being there.  I remember the time my younger brother hit her in the head with a shoe.  I remember she, Jolie and I just being.


Martha was a beautiful soul.  She was one of those people that always had a smile on her face, even in her darkest hours.  Her life was not always easy, but she was surrounded by such love.  She raised two smart, caring, beautiful daughters.  She dropped her life a few years before her own battle to care for her sister, Jolie.  Even during her own illness there was a calm that floated around her.  

She loved, she was loved, she is remembered.


No comments: