Monday, August 6, 2007

People Face

Another instance of people face. Standing in line at a check out stand and the woman bagging my loot say's "Oh, I'm so glad it is the weekend". I being the polite person my mommy dearest raised me to be, say "Yes, I love the weekends". Now truthfully, I should have known better than to respond, because I had been here with her before. I already know that she married a man that her parents did not approve of, moved to Hawaii, raised a couple of kids, divorced the rat bastard, moved back to the bay area with her parents, but that did not last long and her parents must be ancient cause she is no spring chicken.

Now I find out that she likes the weekends because she is free of her radiation treatment for two days. Monday thru Friday she has treatments at 12:30, she leaves work at about 12:00 and then comes back after the treatments to work the rest of her shift.

What do you say to these kinds of revelations? Gee, I hope things work out? What are you being radiated for? Do you need a ride?

Just not sure.

No comments: