Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Beach front property

I was out on Saturday night with my beloved and Chief-Matron-Mare-son. We went out to the movies and then over to IHOP for a late night - well, late night for us - around 11:00 pm - breakfast. Isn't it sad, late night now is 11? It used to be that I had only been out for and hour at this time. A late night breakfast was around 3 or 4 in the morning. But, that is not my story, so I will stop feeling sorry for myself now.

Anyway, we we sitting there waiting and as I am known to do I started people watching and evesdropping. Yes, I do that. I am not ashamed. If you are going to talk in a public place and people hear, well....

So there are these two women and first they are trying on hats and scarfs that I guess one of them knitted. Then they start talking about real estate. It seems like one of them invests and was considering some beach front property. It seems that with the current home crisis there are 5 million dollar homes that are now going for 4 million. Now that is a million dollar equity immediately! These homes are beach front homes - SOME PLACE IN ARKANSAS.

Arkansas? Beach front? When did that happen? What did I miss? And can you believe that I did not ask for investment advice from her?

No comments: