Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Memories

RI sister responded to my last post, sharing her memories of that X-files moment:

What a memory that brought back....wasn't that fun!!!! His name was Ralph Watkins. I remember his last name because, Grandma used to call Dad and say it was "Mama Watkins".....lol.....I think he married her only because he had electricty and a TV.....Remember we went up there to get the beagle puppies for David and Cece and one of them kept getting car sick and threw up all over me. Oh the memories........

Another thing I remember about this man was finding out he died. A few years after this eventful trip, we received a letter from Mama Watkins at Christmas time. My father read it outloud to us. It said something like:

Well, I hope this letter finds you all healthy and happy at Christmas. - then it went on for a few pages about family and just plain old life. The last line was: OH and by the way Ralph died last month!

I hear Johnny Mathis in the background (another reference to the X-files Peacock episode)

No comments: