Sunday, June 14, 2009

Speaking of voting

Last weekend I was in the Castro having lunch with ML and IK and of course our talk turned to repeal of prop 8. I would really assume that 99.99% of the people in the Castro want prop 8 repealed. So, why are there tons of people in the Castro trying to get people to sign petitions to this end? Doesn't it occur to the people in charge that most of the people walking by have already signed up for this?

When two kids stopped me to sign I was a little hostile, I told them why are they here in this neighborhood, aren't you preaching to the choir? Why arent they out in neighborhoods where people don't want to repeal this replusive change to the California constitution?

They were not happy, if you would just listen to us. . .

I don't need to listen to you, I've already signed the petition, I've already given money.

And another thing if you want to change the minds of the people that voted this piece of crap into law, don't send out dirty street kids with their boom boxes that jump out at people and demand they sign something.


No comments: