Sunday, February 28, 2010

Olympic watching or not.

Have I mentioned how much I hate the coverage of the Winter Olympics? NBC has just left me out in the cold. I find the taping of everything to show us later in a chopped up format irritating and not pleasant to watch.

I would like to watch more than 2.5 minutes of ice skating at a time. I would like to see more than the top three or four downhill skiers.

I mean you are showing me a tape, show me the entire event at one time. Don't show me two skiers then go to two ice skaters than back to skiing than back to skating then over to speed skating then back to skating then finally the completion of speed skating an hour after I have gone to bed. I mean I don't even want to watch Shawn White doing those crazy snow boarding things that they are showing right now. I've seen it, in fact now that I 'm thinking about it, I think I am seeing more of his runs right now during the Closing than I did when it was happening.

Now I'm watching the closing ceremonies and rather than showing some of the closing things they are showing me tape of ice dancers. I just want to watch the closing ceremonies, just show them.

And I'm not even going to start about having to avoid the news, the internet and the newspaper to let all the chopped up stuff showing later that night be a surprise.



No comments: