Monday, August 1, 2011

Take part of my liver, please

What does your liver do?

I kind of understand that it acts as a filter for your body. One thing I do know is that when it stops working things go terribly wrong and you are fucked.

My beloved's has a first cousin who has a 25 year old daughter whose liver has stopped working.

She is the mother of a 5 year old daughter that had her first day of school today. Rather than taking pictures of her daughter going off on her first big step into life, she is strapped to a hospital bed with a tube down her throat so she can breath.

Her doctor says he has never seen a liver this bad in a person this young. She is not a drug abuser or alcoholic so they are not sure what has caused this.

I have to ask whoever is in charge: WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS??

No comments: