Sunday, July 31, 2011

Old, Older, Oldest

Do we look at each other the same way we look at our selves?

I see pictures everyday of people that are basically the same age (give or take a year or two) as me and wonder do I look that old?

I don't see an old girl when I look in the mirror, I just see me. Older than I used to be, but not old. At least I don't see it.

What will I do when I do see it? I used to say that I would be jumping off the bridge when I turned 40, well that has certainly come and gone. Instead jumping I went to Paris for a few months, a much better idea actually.

I think of everything I would have missed and am grateful I came to my senses. However, I still wonder what will happen when I really do see that old lady looking back at me in the mirror.


1 comment:

Dawn said...

So my Mom, in her mid to late 70's, told me that she looks in the mirror and wonders where that young girl went. She still knew her, she actually felt her, but in the mirror she was gone. How sad ....