Tuesday, June 19, 2007

5 Random Things

Scobie chick has thrown down the gauntlet. Five random things about me. What is the point? To learn more about me? Do you really want to know? OK, here goes.

  1. I grew up on a small island in the middle of Narragansett Bay in Rhode Island. Jamestown is 1 mile wide by 9 miles long. My mother grew up there, her father before her, his family before that. While growing up I could not wait to get off that rock, now I wish I could afford to buy a summer house there.
  2. I moved to California because it snowed one day in May! I sat on my couch for three days and cried. When it was over I went into a job I had for almost 10 years, gave my notice, sold my house, had a party and sold my furniture, got in the car and drove. When I first moved out here, I would only go to Rhode Island in February, cause I wanted to remember why I left. That lasted for a long time, then I went back one year in July, big mistake.
  3. On July 3rd at 1:45 pm it will be exactly 12 years since I had a drink - I don't miss it too much! Actually I don't, I sometimes miss the smell of a really good glass of merlot, but I sure do not miss the day after. Do I consider myself an alcoholic? No, but I fear I could be.
  4. When I was four, my family moved back to that island I grew up on and I met my oldest friend. Jolie Love Clarke. We were friends from the moment we met, we had our issues, don't get me wrong, but I always thought some day we would be old together. Nearly four years ago Jolie died from colon cancer. While we may have had years go by that we did not see each other, a birthday never went by without a card or a call. I miss that.
  5. I am obsessed with the Knights Templar. I wish I could live their battle cry every day - BEAUSEANT! Not that I want to fight a war or carry the word or the Lord everywhere to everyone - I just want to be glorious every day in all I do.

Scobie Chick, this was difficult. I am not sure I liked it, but wanted to try. So many things I wrote and deleted, so many other things I could have written. What does what I did write say about me? Hmm.... Beauseant people beauseant!

No comments: