Monday, June 23, 2008

580 Brightens my day

Today I actually smiled on 580. The goats are back. A few hundred of them on the hills near the Oakland Zoo. I love them - at least from my car driving by - up close and personal I am not sure how cute hundreds of goats are.

In case you want your own goats to graze, check out Goats-R_Us, no really that is their name. The specially breed goats to wander up and down the hills of Northern California and when they retire they get to hang out locally.

The cost is about $700 per acre, which includes the shepards salary. I never really thought about it, but I guess they need someone to keep them in line. I wonder how much being a shepard pays? I am assuming it is a seasonal job. Hmm.... I have been looking for something new to do. Maybe I could take the goat hair and spin it into thread and weave during the winter months....

No comments: