Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Ritual

I am sitting here drinking my coffee and reading the Sunday obits. It occurs to while reading that some people just have a full life. Some peoples obits are really long, they had so much going on in their lives. These are the kind I like to read. I don't really care about the contents so much, I like the fact that they had a life. Then there are the ones that are so short I wonder did they have no life?

For instance, Eva Borak (who I knew a million years ago) she spent nearly 50 years working at the same place (where I knew her from) - one might think there might be a short story here, but she has a long one.

There is Gisela Bigden-Fisher - she had a Life (yes, with a capital L) - full of danger and it seems the love of many.

There is Dario Genesio Carraro - the man had six children, 17 grandchildren and 28 great and great great grandchildren, yet that was all they could say about him. This I find sad.

Then the saddest (for me) this week. Michael, Matthew and Tony Bologna. I never met them, but I can't help but feel saddness at their lives being cut so short by some fucking asshole with a gun. Thanks Supreme Court, now maybe we can have more of these senseless killings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! You are talking about my Grandfather. He was a GREAT man; very loved, and had a wealth of family and friends who loved him dearly! Our family is heart broken. Coming up with an obituary for the paper is not very easy when you are in a painful place. When a person is so special, and has so much love around them, bragging about their successes seems unnecessary and insignificant. Just for the record, he was, indeed, a person who made a difference to a lot of people, not just a few, we are talking 1000's! He didn't sit around and read obituaries, he went out and made a difference!