Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A magazine in the hand.

I subscribe to a monthly newsletter called Paris Notes. Big surprise, huh? Well due to the price of postage, paper, and whatever else they have gone digital. OK, I know we live in a digital age. We have digital TV, digital music, digital pictures, digital newspapers.

I read digital newspapers all the time. I get most of my information from them, but I have to admit that I really enjoy holding a magazine or a book in my hands. I will miss the monthly newsletter. I always got so excited to open it and read what was happening in Paris. I realize that I will still be able to read it, I could even print it out if I wanted so I can hold it in my hands, but I will really miss finding that newsletter in my mailbox every month. I will miss opening it up and spreading it out and reading what is going on.

I work in technology. I have been on the bleeding edge of things for so long that I am tired of it all. I do realize that this is not the future it is the now and I can't help but mourn for the monthly excitement of receiving those little eight pages in the mail each month.

No comments: