Thursday, February 14, 2008

HMO Crap

Let me start by saying I really like my doctor. But, the process of getting my broken foot fixed has been mind boggleing. I first go to my primary doctor in Pleasanton, she sends me to get x-rays in Danville. They take the pictures and confirm that yes I am broken. They call my primary doctor, who gives me a reference to another doctor. The next doctor (back to Danville) tells me, yes you are broken, in a really bad place. He recommends something called a camo cast and tells me that if I am a really good girl and follow all the rules in about six weeks I should be healed. If not, he will have to open me up and put in a screw. Incentive, yes. But, he can't cast me. My HMO will not pay for it if he does it, they have to fax the HMO and get permission to get the cast for me, but I have to go back to Pleasanton to have it done. So it has taken four days since I first went to the doctor to get a cast, am I the only one that thinks this is crazy?

No comments: