Monday, February 11, 2008

Shaved Heads

It seems the newest trend on Parisian streets these days is the shaved head. Yes, I do realize that the shaved head has been a fashion statement for awhile, but not on this level. It seemed that every third man had a shaved head or if they were a gay couple, they both had shaved heads, so that does skew the numbers a little bit.

I just wonder who thinks "hmm, I wonder how I would look with a shaved head" and then does it. I have always lived with the idea that it is just hair, cut it, color it, whatever, it will grow back, but I do not think even in my wildest days I would have shaved my head, just to see what it looks like. I like to think that if I was losing my hair, for any reason, I would just shave it and buy 7 different wigs, all different colors and styles and wear a different hair every day. If your friend shaves their head and it looks really bad, but they think it looks good, do you tell them? I mean not everyone should shave their heads. Some people have dents in their heads, not attractive. Some have those rolls on the back of their necks, again not attractive. I think my head comes to a point at the top I don't think that would be attractive, so I think I will refrain from shaving my head. I barely shave my legs in the winter, I just can't imagine keeping up with shaving my head.

No comments: