Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Want some salmonella with those eggs?

I try very hard to lead a vegan life. It is not for everyone and everyone needs to make their own choices, however....

Have you read the results of inspections of those egg factories in Iowa. You know the ones that had to recall millions of eggs due to salmonella issues.

Eight foot high piles of manure. Liquid manure running out of the doors. Rodents all over the place. Dead flies and maggots too numerous to count. Then to find out the final practice of egg production is to dip the eggs in a chlorine bleach mixture makes me cringe.

So, I think I can honestly say that I will never eat another egg in this country again.


3 comments:

Emmett and Riley said...

Get some chickens! :)

Mona said...

By local eggs only, silly.

Mona said...
This comment has been removed by the author.