Monday, February 28, 2011

I am watching the new tv show Chicago Code and they had a bomb issue and used a little robot to go in and look at the bomb and poke at it and of course it reminded me of a story.

One trip to Paris, Travel Chick came to visit me with her friend Katie. Travel Chick and I dropped Katie at the main entrance to the Louvre. There was no long line, unusual to say the least.

We saw that part of the plaza was taped off with yellow tape, so we walked over to see what was going on and as we were standing there the bomb squad showed up. The bomb squad is a very select group of handsome men in uniforms that I think were custom tailored.

So they roll out the robot and started poking at a backpack that someone had left leaning up against a statue. They poked and poked and finally blew the backpack up and out came someones dirty underwear flying up all over the plaza.

After the initial excitement of watching the bomb squad I wondered who was stupider, the person that left the backpack or us for standing around watching a possible bomb get blown up.

I'll leave it to you to decide.

Something just struck me, imagine the story that the forgetful owner of the backpack has to tell if they were standing there watching.

No comments: