Friday, February 24, 2012

Grow a uterus then talk to me about birth control

I was listening to reports on the Republican debate last night. Contraception seemed to be the topic of choice.

I would like to know why in the year 2012 middle aged men are on TV discussion women's contraception. Is it any of their business what a woman does to prevent an unwanted pregnancy? The only time I can think of that it is their business is if it concerns the woman they are sleeping with.

In most cases for the Republican candidates that would be their wives, you just never know about Newt.

Anyway, I cannot comprehend why this is a topic of debate for a presidential election.

I say when you grow a uterus, then you have the right to discuss what type of contraception is acceptable or not. But you only have the right to decide for yourself, not for anybody else.

For Christ's sake why are we still screaming keep your laws off my uterus. My uterus, my decision.

OK, some of you might think this post about birth control is ironic for a lesbian, but at least I have a uterus.

No comments: