Thursday, July 3, 2008

Busted by the Obits

The internet is truely a crazy thing. One of the things I like about blogging is that except for the friends and family that know who "this" blogger is I am pretty much anonymous. It seems that shortly after someone dies someone sits down and google's the dead persons name and if I have blogged about them, my blog pops up front and center. If I have written something nice they don't seem to comment. If I say something they don't like, they let me know. I never willingly write to hurt, I just comment on what I read.

Having lost someone lately I do know for a fact that a funeral home has a big sheet you can fill out that helps you or them write the obit that gives as much or as little info as you want. So, perhaps to save the feelings of those left behind I'll stop using names in my Sunday Rituals, because I don't think the newly departed really care what I think, but they just might care what those they left behind feel.

No comments: