Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Just a thought

Why is that every time I am at one of these conferences I sit next to or in back of the smartest person in the room? You know the ones I mean. The ones that obviously don't need to be there because they are so fucking smart they don't need to pay any attention to what is going on.

The guy next to me in two sessions today with his new IPad that he spent the entire time fiddling with. Or the woman in front of me that had her laptop open and on the wireless checking her email and instant chatting with I don't know who.

Now, maybe these people are so smart they don't need to pay attention or perhaps they are so important at work that they can't be away from their email for 90 minutes at at shot. I don't really know, but what I do know is that if you are so fucking smart perhaps you are wasting your firms money going to these things and if you are so important perhaps you need to stay home?

Just a thought.




No comments: