Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturday in Santa Fe

I am in Santa Fe, New Mexico this weekend. I have to be at a conference for work in Albuquerque next week and decided to come here for the weekend. I am travelling with a friend from work and this morning we went on a hike. We spent a while looking for the Dale Bass trails, but could not find them, so we pulled over and hiked the Chamisa Trail, about 5 miles round trip and about 7500 feet. First few minutes were hard, the altitude really does a number on me.

We were passed by a young couple on our way up, didn't think too much of it except they were young and in much better shape than me. When we got to the intersection to come back down the canyon, this couple was there. He was taking her picture and she was standing with her left hand displayed. I immediately thought engagement? And of course asked. Yes, he had just proposed to her and she was beyond happy. So I took a picture of them together and then said oh let me take one for my blog. I asked when they were going to get married and she said soon!!! I told her I better not see her on Bridezilla. I will post a picture if I can get my camera to cooperate.

After our hike, we went to the historical section of Santa Fe, the little town square. So cute and so full of turquoise jewelery. Walked around for a couple of hours and then came back to the hotel for a while.

THEN we went to dinner at a place called Body!!! Had basil hummus with sweet potato chips, tomato tortilla soup and a tempheh taco. All vegan and all glutton free. It was delicious!


No comments: