Saturday, November 22, 2008

Crap

It has been awhile since I posted anything about 580 and my commute.  I think that is because I am now listening to books on CD as I drive.  This is good and bad.  Good cause I listening to one of my favorite series - The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon - hearing it is so much different from reading it - but no, you still can't borrow my books.  And bad cause I don't see as many things along the way.

But this week along 580:

  • A pair of sunglasses, sitting nicely on the side of the road next to the barrier.  Totally fine, they looked like they were waiting for someone to grab them off the table on the way out the door.
  • A shoe, a shirt, a pair of pants and the remaing shoe.  All in a row like someone had undressed in the car and just thrown them out the window.
  • Wild turkeys on the hills - not really crap, but I am sure they leave quite a bit of crap behind.  Yeah really bad, I know.
  • Grass growing in the cracks between the lanes.  I would think that there is so much traffic that this would not happen.
  • And biggest crap.  The guy driving next to me in traffic on Thursday night.  He had an older car that looked pretty well taken care of.  In the dark I could see the screen of his sound system in the car.  The sound was so loud that stuff in my car was ratteling.  Everytime the bass hit a certain vibration his rear license plate would lift up from the back of his bumper like a leaf being blown around by a leaf blower.  It was awful and I could not get away from him.  Traffic was really bad and he was behind me or next to me or in front of me for miles.  I wondered how he could sit in that car with it so loud.

No comments: