Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Pins and Needles

Sitting here watching election results and I am on pins and needles.  Well, not really because it already looks like Obama will be the winner.  I am on pins and needles waiting for info on Prop 8.  What will happen either way?

My beloved and I were at the polls at 6:30 this morning.  We wanted to be early so that we did not have to wait in a long line.  Well we were number 2 and 3 in line.  We found out something we never knew.  The first person in line when the polls open has to go in and check everything out.  They have to verify that the polling place opened on time, that the ballot box is empty, that the machines are running and who knows what else.  It was interesting.  My ballot was the first one in the machine!  I was number 001.  I walked in with my little cheat sheet and it took me about two minutes to vote.


No comments: