Monday, February 11, 2013

Paris Day 3

Day 3 was a lost day.

We both had problems sleeping the night before and we rolled out of bed about 11:30 to a cold rainy morning. I went to the bakery around the corner for breakfast then came back and made coffee. We ate and drank some coffee and then for some reason I went back into the bedroom and got back in bed. I never do this! My beloved did not realize I was actually back in bed for a little while and then when she did she joined me.

So at about 4:30 we woke up. I knew immediately that a mistake had been made. Because this late sleep was going to affect the next nights sleep. An awful cycle to be sure.

Anyway, it was still raining when we got up, but I was hoping it would turn to snow and it did! It was beautiful from inside and I decided we had to go out in it.

Fuck, snow is cold! Snow falling and the wind blowing in your face is not as romantic as I had hoped. So we walked around the island, took a couple of pictures, stopped for hot chocolate, picked up some supplies, because I was convinced we would wake up to a city carpeted in the white stuff, and headed back to our cozy apartment.

It continued to snow. It was snowing when we went to bed. At some point it turned to rain because this morning when I got up there was no snow in the courtyard, so no great Parisian snow pictures today.



No comments: